General Information for Authors
EM cordially invites original research contributions in the field of electronic markets and networked business. Please take the time to carefully read the following guidelines.
- Please make sure that your research topic falls with the scope of EM. In case the submitted paper is out of scope for EM there is a high probaility that it will be desk rejected soon after submission.
- "Original contribution" means that your paper is unpublished and not submitted or under review elsewhere while under review for EM. If an earlier version of your paper has been published, e.g. as conference paper, the original version must be referenced. EM follows the AIS Policy on Conference and Journal Publication and you should summarize revisions as well as extensions in a letter to the editor when submitting your work.
- The preferred article length for publications in EM is around 8,000 words (excl. reference list) and the preferred language is American English.
- Please make sure that you have read the copyright information carefully before submitting an article. All submissions to EM are subject to a plagiarism check (iThenticate) to avoid unethical use of Content.
- All submissions, that have successfully passed the review process will be published online first immediately and are fully citable with a DOI thereafter.
Springer offers authors from listed institutions the Open Access option free of charge. This requires that the institution or country has an agreement with Springer. Authors from these institutions/countries will usually be identified and contacted by Springer. To increase the chances of being recognized, corresponding authors are advised to use their email address from the respective institution instead of their private email address.
EM charges no submission or acceptance fees. Your submission will be reviewed in a double-blind peer review process by at least two independent reviewers. Besides clarity of writing, grammar and style, your article will be evaluated according to relevance, strength of theoretical foundations and methodology, value of the paper for business, economy, or society, contribution of new knowledge and quality of conclusions. Explication of theoretical concepts and terms by examples or cases is a plus. Please also read the three steps before making a submission.